Why hello there lovely readers! I haven’t done a tag post before on my blog, so I am very excited to take part in The “Love/Hate” tag. Thanks a million to two of my favourite bloggers Lauren and Rach of The Flower That Blooms for nominating me, click here to read their post.
This tag is a really fun way for you to get to know me more, so I will be listing 10 things in the world that I love, and 10 things which I hate.
So here goes:
1. KETCHUP | For those of you who know me, you would probably have bet your worldy possessions on this beautiful invention appearing in my love list. No meal is complete without it (unless I am eating baked beans/spaghetti hoops/anything already containing tomato sauce of some kind).
2. Photographs | Pictures of my family, friends and places I’ve been mean the world to me and I love anything personalised, and constant reminders of the good times. When my boyfriend went away to America last summer, he sent me the most gorgeous bunch of roses and obviously (sadly) flowers don’t last forever, so he made a “Love Cube” as I like to call it 😉 and included a coloured picture of the beautiful flowers in all their glory, and the other five faces featured photographs of us together in black and white. For those of you who appreciate the sentimental/artistic side of it, thank you, for those of you who have just been sick because the idea is so soppy, I’m sorry hahaa.
3. Reading Quotes | My regular readers will know that one of my ways to relax involves scrolling through instagram and finding the perfect quote to match my mood. I recently wrote a post on Quotes You Need to Remember which you can find here.
4. The Beach/Going on Holiday | Whether it is summer, winter, rain or shine, the tranquillity of a beach is unrivalled. I was born in the most beautiful town of Bournemouth and grew up by seven miles of golden sand. Even just the other day, my boyfriend and I were on our hands and knees digging a moat and building a rather magnificent sand castle (if I do say so myself). Plus when we went to the Dominican Republic last year, I literally had to pinch myself, and couldn’t believe I was finally experiencing the white sand and turquoise ocean, it was pure paradise and a dream come true!
5. Shopping | Ever been in a situation where money is particularly tight and nothing seems to cheer you up, except, ironically, shopping?! Yeah that happens a lot, yet I still manage to convince myself that anything in the sale is SAVING me money, of course.
6. Playing Sport | So this past year I have been a bit lazy and not done loads of sport, but when we’ve played squash and badminton, I will admit that I get ultra competitive haha. I used to play hockey and netball almost every single day, and I am looking at joining the gym again.
7. Eastenders | YEP. I am one of them. I love it. I remember when I was younger, the second the big drums of the ending theme tune were blasted from the TV, I either reached for the phone or it started ringing before I could pick it up, and it would be my best friend Nicola. We would regroup after the episode we previously watched and try and predict what crazy thing would happen next to our favourite characters.
8. Zac Efron | It would be a crime not to list this beautiful male human being on my list. YUM-MEEEE.
9. Music | Music is everything and rarely a time goes by when I don’t have another gig or festival planned for the future (below is one of my favourite pictures from V Festival in 2013). In fact as I write this, I am listening to the gorgeous James Bay who I am seeing for a second time in October yay!
10. Alex | n’awwwwwww, yeah he’s my best friend, my boyfriend and my whole world (hope you still have that sick bucket?!)
1. Wrinkly Fingers | Okay, if you have read the “about me” side bar on my page, you will know that this one was sure to make the list. I HATE the feeling of them and look like some sort of alien when I have a bath and hold my hands out of the water, I’m shivering at just the thought of rubbing two water induced wrinkly fingers together. However, did you know that wrinkly fingers are a result of evolution? It’s a defence/survival mechanism, so that our body can sense when we have been in water a long time and therefore the wrinkles are to provide extra grip. So instead of freaking out, I should probably be marvelling at how intelligent our bodies are.
2. Rude people/Bad Customer Service | Service with a smile goes a long, long way, so I don’t understand how people can be so dismissive and rude.
3. Lorry Drivers | As my boyfriend’s mum said “we lost one of our nine lives” the other day when a lorry almost took us out by gliding into our lane and forcing us onto the hard shoulder, and in turn making our hearts race at a gazillion miles an hour. They use their weight, size and force to dominate the roads and for some reason insist on trying to overtake each other and causing a back log of cars. If I was Prime Minister, I would police the motorways and only allow lorries to travel in the one lane.
4. Kiss Asses | Whether they know it or not, kiss asses are unattractive people. They stick out like a sore thumb and no matter how sly and subtle they try to be, these people are a whole lotta cringe.
5. Meat & Fish | I would be a pretty rubbish vegetarian if I didn’t mention one of my biggest lifestyle choices. I haven’t eaten meat since I was eight years old, and even then it was in the shape of a turkey dinosaur. I just cannot comprehend how people can consume animals and fish and never will. You can read all about the FAQ that I have to encounter as a vegetarian here.
6. That Sunday Night, Back To School/Work Feeling | You know what I mean, when you’re still trying to complete your homework, and you just don’t want to sit in double maths on Monday morning, the Antiques Roadshow theme tune comes on and you feel like just screaming into a pillow. It’s hard to explain, but it’s a feeling that resides deep in your stomach and since working full time, I know the feeling still exists sometimes in the real world too.
7. Drugs | I have never, and will never touch drugs. Life is so precious and as we were taught at school, it takes one ill-fated drug to destroy your whole world and your friends and family’s with it.
8. Have you been involved in an accident? | You know the call, the withheld number, the “have you been involved in an accident within the last three years?” Need I say more?!
9. Traffic | OH MY GOSH. Sitting in standstill and wasting precious minutes/hours of my life. When just eight cars pass through a green light, I sit there calculating how much of my life has been wasted sat in neutral.
10. The Way the World is Going – Okay this one is quite deep and I will leave it with you to comprehend. But I recently read a quote on the New York Times from 2003 (so a little outdated but just as effective in its point) and it read, “Of the past 3,400 years, humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them, or just 8 percent of recorded history”, now let that sink in…
On that thought provoking note, thank you so much for sticking with me until the end, and thanks again to the gorgeous Lauren and Rach for my nomination.
Have fun girls!
Love or hate any of the same things as me? Let me know in the comment box below or tweet me.