I am so excited to do this post and have to thank the lovely Chloe for nominating me for the Liebster Award. For those of you who perhaps haven’t heard of it before it’s a fabulous award given by and to new bloggers and the rules are simple:
You answer the 11 questions presented to you by the blogger who nominated you, then nominate another 11 bloggers who have less than 200 Bloglovin followers and ask them a brand new set of 11 questions, and so on.
Essentially, it is an adorable way of welcoming each other into the blogosphere, so hello everybody! 🙂
Thank you Chloe for your questions, here are my answers:
1. What are your ‘Desert Island’ album/TV show/book selection? Only 1 of each category!
Album | Is it cheating if I say that I would make a compilation album before I go? I’d include 90s tunes and Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. However, if I was really pushed to choose one album I think it would be Kodaline’s new one ‘Coming Up for Air’. Their first album means so much to me sentimentally, but musically wise, I think their second release is incredible with every single track being amazing.
TV Show | Choosing a TV show is a no-brainer, it has to be Friends. With Joey, Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Ross and Chandler for company at least I won’t feel lonely on the island for a good 10 series, 236 episodes, 87 hours, 5236 minutes or so…
Book | My book choice, involves thinking outside the box as I would probably take a scrap book with loads of pictures of my boyfriend, family and friends in, this would probably become my ‘Wilson’ and I would love, cherish and protect it ;).
2. Are there any kind of blog posts that annoy you?
I find blog posts which are crammed full of adverts quite difficult to read, especially if the ads aren’t stills and instead distract me from the blog post itself. Also blog post lists which feature each element on a new page are so annoying! These never make for easy reading either because you are forever loading a new page. If you are going to do this, then make the photos/text ‘swipeable’ so that the whole page doesn’t need to reboot 🙂
3. Have you ever had a near death experience?
So when I read this question out to my boyfriend he goes, ‘Your driving is always a near death experience’, ehem. I am sure my family and friends can vouch for me when I say that yes I may not be the world’s best driver, but I am sure no one has ever actually felt near death in my car. Personally though, in year six at school I was sat swinging on my chair in maths chewing on a pen lid, when I swallowed it. I panicked and can vividly remember the teacher shouting ‘where do you think you’re going?!?’ as I legged it out of the classroom. I had absolutely no idea where I was heading, but simply whimpered ‘I swallowed my penlid and I am really, really scared’, and continued to sprint out the classroom, down the stairs and away from the situation – probably something which my classmates definitely found hilarious. Obviously I am here to tell the tale, but that felt like a pretty close call.
4. You’ve been elected Prime Minister/President/whatever. What law would you implement/abolish?
If I had to choose one law, it would definitely be that no one is allowed to work on their birthday, and instead is given the day off to celebrate.
5. If you had to immigrate, where would you go and why?
I have two answers for this, one place I have been and one place I haven’t (yet). Firstly, I would quite happily move to San Francisco, as I really did leave my heart in San Francisco when we visited the city on holiday. Despite boarding a plane to sunny LA with my family for the next part of our trip, I shed a few tears for the incredible place which we left behind. (Below is a shot of my Dad, step-mum, brother and I about to bike the Golden Gate Bridge, what’s that I hear you say? Helmets are the peak of fashion? Why thank you very much #safetyfirst).
Secondly, all my friends and family are fully aware that I am absolutely desperate to visit Australia and have been going on and on about it since I was about eight-years-old. I have idealised the lifestyle and am hopelessly in love with the beach in my home town of Bournemouth, so I guess I want to experience the waves on the flip side too.
6. What job role do you imagine you will have in later life?
A lot of people say this, but I hope to be a full time writer. Having been inspired by my English teacher and love of the written word from the age of 14-18 (GCSEs-A Levels), I simply cannot imagine my life taking another route. As long as my job involves some aspect of writing, I believe I will be happy, because even if I am not writing about things which particularly interest me on a personal level, I will always have my blog and the amazing blogging community to get creative with!
7. You can only buy one brand of make-up from now on. What is it?
Ouch, ouch, ouch. This is a tough question! I’d probably have to go for Bare Minerals simply because they have kinda made my dreams come true with their powder foundations. My skin was quite terrible as a teenager and two courses of roaccutane left my skin spot free (dream drug but that’s another post for another day), but I still had scarring. Bare Minerals’ foundation literally feels as though you aren’t wearing any make-up at all, it also blends beautifully.
8. If you were forbidden access to your own clothes, whose wardrobe would you raid? Celebrities included.
Does the body, hair and make-up come too? If that’s the case then Michelle Keegan, I trust that I don’t even need to start explaining why. <3
9. What do you do in your spare time that you consider to be out of the norm? Blogging not included.
Living in Sheffield the past four years has provided me with some opportunities I wouldn’t have had in my hometown of Bournemouth, one being Sheffield Steelers’ ice hockey games. I guess this is out of the norm for a lot of people as teams are only really dotted around the country. My boyfriend and I have been to quite a few games and get a real buzz supporting the boys on the ice. If you’ve never been to a game, I thoroughly recommend it as you’re guaranteed a brilliant time, win or lose!
10. Out of your five senses – which would you hate to live without the most and why?
Definitely sight followed by hearing. Cringey as it sounds, there’s soo much to see, but it’s also a horrible thought to imagine a life without music.
11. What would your first three purchases be if you won the lottery?
A round the world ticket – see ya! A string of houses right along the beach with the sand for a garden, so all my family and friends could move in (definitely just assumed that I had won big on the euro millions), and probably a new car as my current one is just about surviving (he’s a trooper!).
Thank you so much to Chloe for nominating me, I really enjoyed answering your questions and loved taking a trip down memory lane as well as looking towards the future. Now time to nominate some other lovely bloggers and their blogs, so here goes:
Kiss Me Kate, Life and Looks, Anything Everything Bethany, The Lifestyle Diaries, Stephanie Jayne Beauty,Florrie’s Avenue, The Flower That Blooms, Emily Likes Makeup, Breony Beauty, Here You Me and All Hail the Nails
Here are your questions girlies!
1. If you could spend 24 hours with one celebrity who would it be and why?
2. What’s your most important blogging tip that you would give to people thinking about starting a blog and also your top tip for those who have been blogging a couple of months?
3. Imagine you are musically gifted (and I am sure some of you probably are) who would you most like to go on tour with and why?
4. Name the first five things that come into your head when I say the colour yellow.
5. What are your favourite lyrics or film quote of all time?
6. Describe what gave you the final push to actually sit down, create your blog and hit the publish button on your first post.
7. What do you hope to have achieved with your blog a year from today?
8. Do you believe in Karma?
9. What makes you smile?
10. If you could change your name, a) would you want to b) what would you rename yourself? (I’m thinking along the lines of Mrs Princess Consuela Banana Hammock ;))
11. Finally, if you could be any age again or in the future which age would you choose and why?